http://wa.lilypie.com/PqnDm5.png

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Life is full of ups and downs


As we await the referral for our new baby girl, I have to say that this is a very difficult time for me and my family. I can't believe it has been almost a year since my dad passed away. For those of you who do not know, my dad fought prostate cancer for about 6 years and went Home to the Lord on May 5, 2007. It was about this time last year that he made a very rapid decline and we spent the last days of his life relishing every minute with him and trying to keep him as comfortable as possible. In previous years, my dad would be patiently watching the lake melt and waiting for the fabulous fishing opener which he always celebrated with his best friend, Ron. This was one of his favorite times of the year and I have been thinking of him often. I wish there was an up-side to this post but I'm afraid it is merely a vent. Many say that time eases the pain but I'm afraid that at this point, time is only making me miss him more! I am posting some photos of him so that all can see what a kind man he was and know how much he meant to his family - especially his adoring grandsons! I pray that he knows how much we love and miss him and that he will be watching when we welcome his first granddaughter.

1 comment:

Louanne said...

Such a sweet tribute to your dad. I am grateful he was a believer.