http://wa.lilypie.com/PqnDm5.png

Thursday, April 3, 2008

More Hoops!

After two sets of fingerprints and two sets of doctors approval letters (each), two sets of letters of recommendations from three friends, countless questions regarding our temperment, passed transgressions, marriage relationship, family relationship, discipline styles, anger issues, emotional issues, etc., etc., etc. - we thought we were finally done with all of our paperwork. Yesterday, however, we received a letter that we have to return yet another set of fingerprints. Apparently our first set are now null and void because, I believe, there is a new agency in charge of adoption background checks. Augh!!! On the one hand, I don't have any problem doing this because I love that they are very careful to prevent anyone for adopting for the wrong reason. The other part of me thinks of all of the people getting pregnant and having babies when they can't even take care of themselves - yet, our legal system will not do anything to help these poor children being raised in terrible situations because of the parents right to determine what is best for their child (a heated topic so, enough said). At this point, I am going to focus on my initial reaction and focus on our ultimate goal. I can't wait to bring our baby girl home!! Hopefully this new background check will not slow down the process (patience has never been a big part of my personality).

2 comments:

Gretchen Noah said...

Dear Katie & Matt,

What an exciting time! I can't wait to hear news that your little girl is on the way. She's going to fall into your amazing family like she was always meant to be there. That little spot that's open in your hearts will finally be filled and your family will be complete. What a joy!!!

G.Noah

Louanne said...

Howdy! For most countries your US paperwork has to be valid at the time your travel and fingerprints are only good in the US for 15 months. Where they got that number I have no idea. Something to do with the FBI and potential for crime someone told me.

Mike and I joked that if you can make it past 14 months you won't suddenly be tempted into a life of crime while waiting to adopt. HA HA!