http://wa.lilypie.com/PqnDm5.png

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Travel Date - She's Comin' Home!

We are leaving to bring our daughter home on August 20! There is no more news to wait for, no more paperwork, no question on when the next step will happen - we have a date!!! We even have our flight figured out. I cannot believe it is down to packing - that is how close we are to having a baby girl in our home. We SO appreciate everyone's support during this time when so much was unknown. We continue to pray for Tarike's health and happiness and for a safe and uneventful trip!

While making our travel plans, we discovered that our travel agent is from Ethiopia. I asked her if she could help us pronounce our daughter's name correctly. She asked how we had been saying it so far and when I told her she said, "Oh, no, no, no! That is wrong!" Oops! Apparently, her name is pronounced Tar-ick (with the "r" rolled). Hmmm, much harder to say than Tar-ee-kae. I hope we have a chance to hear how her birth mother pronounces her name and that we know exactly what her name should be when we meet her.

No comments: