Thursday, May 22, 2008
REFERRAL!!!!!!
We got the call today!! At 12:58 this afternoon (I was just about to get into the shower - I know, but we got a lot accomplished this morning), I heard the phone ring but I had one foot in so I let Tyler get it. He comes to the door and says, "I think it is Children's Home Society." I grabbed a towel, opened the door, grabbed the phone from Tyler, and shut the door again. I heard our social worker say, "Hi Katie. This is Angie de Souza and I have a referral for you!" I told her that I was thrilled and would love to run around the house screaming but I was just about to take shower and did not have anything on! She told me to get dressed and call her back right away - so I did. The referral was for an absolutely beautiful 6 month old baby girl!!!!!! She was all dressed in pink, appears very healthy, is 12.6 lbs. and 24 in. long. Her birth name is Tarike Jabe. This is so completely amazing!!!!! Of course, Matt had to go to the cities today so at the time that I am writing this, he hasn't even seen her yet! Once we officially accept the referral, we will have to wait for a court date. Once it has gone through the courts in Ethiopia, we will get a travel date to go to Ethiopia and bring home our new daughter! What an amazing blessing!!! God is so good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment