When I woke up this morning, court was already almost closed in Ethiopia! They are 8 hours ahead of us so their day was over when mine was starting. I was so hoping to have some news to report today but it sounds like we won't hear anything until tomorrow. Our Ethiopia contact at the agency said that the court in Ethiopia did not report any news today and they are now closed. Unfortunately, there has been a drought in Ethiopia, despite this being the beginning of their rainy season. Among other more serious problems caused by the drought, there have been power outages which often causes delays in court. That is also the reason that we have not yet received an update on Tarike. We will hopefully learn tomorrow whether we made it through today or not. It is pretty amazing to think that at this moment we could legally be Tarike's parents!! Any of you who know me at all know that patience is NOT my strongest quality. Even worse, I am terrible at not have control over everything! To put things into perspective, our possible delays are truly a minor issue compared to the fact that the drought is causing a terrible situation in Ethiopia even worse. I have heard that even adults have been suffering from starvation, which is rare because they can usually handle less food longer than children. We are so blessed and most of the time we don't even realize it!
Please pray for the people of Ethiopia, that the rains come soon enough to save some of their crops and that God give them peace and strength.
I thank all of you who have been thinking of us and praying for us as well. I hope that by the end of the day tomorrow I will be able to post some good news and our daughters photo!!
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment