





Connor and Jcak had their first "coach pitch" baseball game of the season. They had a blast and did a great job! Both hit a homerun!! Summer is so busy but so much fun. Of course, I think the best part of the game, for them, was the ice cream AFTER the game!
We also had our first turtle race today! It went very well - a lot busier than I had thought. I do feel sorry for the poor turtles, though. They are pretty freaked out and tired by the end and, despite all the warnings and pleas to parents, many of the smaller children drop the poor guys! And there were almost 300 children who raced turtles - amazing how people show up in our little town in the summer. I'm sure the turtles were very happy to be back in their cage in the lake. Two, however, got their revenge on the boys aunt, Rita. She got bit, twice! One actually drew blood!! Who would have thought those cute little turtles were so vicious. Connor and Jack spent most of their time asking for snowcones and money for games.
Finally, our first round of shots was also completed yesterday. As it turns out, the boys only have to have two - they were very happy! Matt and I, however, need Polio, MMR, DPT, Polio, Hep. A and Hep. B combo (3 times) and Meningitis. What a bummer! We will all be happy when they are done. We just keep saying with each shot that we are one step closer to completing our family!

No comments:
Post a Comment